I just took a DNA test, turns out I’m 100% that bitch— Lizzo, “Truth Hurts”
Even when I’m crying crazy
The always great Lizzo likely understands junk race-science better than the other great Lizzo (Warren). Alas. “The DNA test came back. My dad’s gay.”
And ain’t slavery grand? I mean, it’s just so romantic. At least that seemed to be the message from Ancestry.com, which epically stepped in it this week by portraying a slavery-era interracial hookup as something other than organized rape on an unthinkably massive scale. They say there are no jobs for historians, but some of these dumb-ass companies would do well to hire a few.
It’s been a weird week, in a Great Chain of Weird Weeks. Just as only Nixon can go to China and only Clinton can kill welfare, apparently only Bernie can go to Fox News. And of course he killed it, because he spits hot fire. El Chapo’s parrot got busted. People freaked out about milk ducts. And Trump did something good for once in his godforsaken ocher life by killing off the odious “nerd prom” known as the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. Few would think that Donald Trump and H. Rap Brown would agree on much, but — if Washington don’t come around, burn it down, indeed.
Also, someone in Iowa was throwing cats. What does this mean for Kamala’s chances with some-college white janitors under 35 in Dubuque? The only poll that matters is on Election Day, as they say.
- Ancestry.com Apologizes for Ad Showing Slavery-Era Interracial Couple (NYT)
- The Black Feminists Who Saw the Alt-Right Threat Coming (Slate)
- Raw Grief: A Tale of Food and Loss (The Food Chain)
- Gay Liberation Behind the Iron Curtain (Boston Review)
- Nusrat Jahan Rafi: Burned to death for reporting sexual harassment (BBC)
- No, You Don’t Have to Stop Apologizing (NYT)
- Sanders takes on Fox — and emerges triumphant (Politico)
- Trump met with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey — and complained about his follower count (WaPo)
- Susan Choi’s “Trust Exercise” and the Question of Appropriating Other People’s Lives as Fiction (New Yorker)
- Police seize “super obedient” lookout parrot trained by Brazilian drug dealers (Guardian)
- Killing the White House Correspondents’ Dinner (Columbia Journalism Review)
- Heiress pleads guilty in NXIVM sex slave case (Fox News)
- Law recognizing indigenous Ainu enacted (NHK)
- Picture of human milk ducts goes viral (BBC)
- The idea that sperm race to the egg is just another macho myth (Aeon)
- The Kinder Scout Mass Trespass (Tribune UK)
- 26 cats rescued from Des Moines apartment after owner spotted throwing them out window (Des Moines Register)